This strand of funding is to support transnational projects involving collaboration between organisations from different eligible countries.
- Category 1- Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects. Projects must include a minimum of 3 partners from 3 eligible countries. Grants are offered up to a maximum of €200,000 or 80% of total budget.
- Category 2 – Medium Scale Cooperation Projects. Projects must include a minimum of 5 partners from 5 eligible countries. Grants are offered up to a maximum of €1 million or 70% of total budget.
- Category 3 – Larger Scale Cooperation Projects. Projects must include a minimum of 10 partners from 10 eligible countries. Grants are offered up to a maximum of €2 million or 60% of total budget.
WHO CAN APPLY: This funding is open to organisations legally based in one of the countries participating in the Creative Europe Programme.
- Strengthen the transnational creation and circulation of European works and artists.
- Enhance the capacity of European cultural and creative sectors to nurture talents, to innovate, to prosper and to generate jobs and growth.
The Creative Europe Programme finances transnational cooperation projects, so as to help Europe’s cultural organisations cooperate across borders. Examples of transnational cooperation projects consist of cross-border exchange of works of art through lending, international tours and exhibitions, as well as co-productions, joint tours and performances of cultural organisations from different countries.
There are three (3) types of transnational cooperation projects:
Project budget (maximum grant amount):
- For small-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-1): maximum EU grant amount EUR 200 000 per project.
- For medium-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-2): maximum EU grant amount EUR 1 000 000 per project.
- For large-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-3): maximum EU grant amount EUR 2 000 000 per project.
The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
The grant will be a lump sum grant. This means that it will reimburse a fixed amount, based on a lump sum or financing not linked to costs. The amount will be fixed by the granting authority on the basis of the estimated project budget and a funding rate of:
- For small-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-1): funding rate of maximum 80%.
- For medium-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-2): funding rate of maximum 70%.
- For large-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-3): funding rate of maximum 60%.
Eligible applicants must: Be active in the cultural and creative sectors. Be legally based in one of the participating countries. Be established as a legal entity for at least two years (only for the coordinator). The coordinator is authorized by all partners. There should be a cooperation agreement for all the projects included in the proposal.
Eligible actions: They must be related to the cultural and creative sectors. Activities that are purely audiovisual are not eligible, because they are funded by the MEDIA sub-programme.
Eligible period: The maximum duration of transnational cooperation projects is 48 months for all three categories
- Call opening: 8 June 2021
- Deadline for submission: 7 September 2021 – 17:00:00 CET (Brussels)
- Evaluation: September 2021 – January 2022
- Information on evaluation results: February 2022
- GA signature: March/May 2022
Submission of proposals: 7 September 2021.
For the small-scale projects, see the call documents HERE.
For the medium-scale projects, see the call documents HERE.
For the large-scale projects, see the call documents HERE.
Greek participations in transnational cooperation projects:
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2019
13.The KASPAR Machine. Awareness raising and participation in the performing arts for social inclusion
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2019
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2018
- THE ART4PSY PROJECT: Promoting social inclusion through art
Panelladiki Enosi Gia Tin Psychokoinoniki Apokatastasi Kai Tin Epaggelmatiki Epanentaxi (coordinator), THEOFANIS ALEXANDRIDIS KAI SIA EE (partner)
- Theofanis Alexandridis Kai Sia EE
- University of Peloponnese (project 1, project 2)
- Technopolis Gkazi Anonimi Etaireia Ota Prostasias kai Anadeixis Viomichanikou Archaiologikou Parkou Athinon
- Synergeio Mousikou Theatrou Astiki Mi Kerdoskopiki Etaireia
- Kinonikes Sineteristikes Drastiriotites Efpathon Omadon
- Theatro Atomon Me Anapiria
- Municipality of Levadia
- Etairia Politismou kai Erikoinonias Athinon Kallitechniki Astiki mi Kerdoskepiki Etairia Art On
- National Theatre of Northern Greece
- Hellenic Centre for Research and Conservation of Archaeological Textiles
- Diktio Gia Ta Dikaiomata Tou Paidiou
- Action Synergy SA
- Theatro Aeroploio – Ena Theatro Gia Paidia
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2018
- Artika Astiki Etaireia Politistiki Mi Kerdoskopiki
- Ariona Hellas AE (project 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Mousikes Ekdilosis Syntonismos Organosi
- Anthopoulos – A Diolatzis GP
- Mottus Terrae
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2017
- Aeroplio – Topos Allou Theatre (leader in project 1, partner in project 2)
- Action Aid Hellas (partner)
- Action Synergy (partner)
- Euromare (partner)
- ImpactHubLabs (partner)
- Theofanis Alexandridis (partner)
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki / School of Music Studies (partner)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2017
- Ionian University / Department of audio and visual arts (partner)
- Symbiosis (partner)
- Mottus Terae (partner)
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2016
- Kentro Spoudon Laikou Theatrou (Centre of Higher Education in Theatre Studies (leader)
- Symvouloi Anaptyxiakou Sxediasmou Ereunas kai Organosis EPE (partner)
- Theodoros Papagiannis Museum of Contemporary Art (partner)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Faculty of Communication and Media Studies (partner)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Faculty of Primary Education (partner)
- Theatro tsi Zakynthos (partner)
- State Museum of Contemporary Art (partner)
- M.E.S.O. Music Events (partner)
- Municipal and Regional Theatre of Patras – Social Welfare Enterprise (partner)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2016
- Ariona Hellas (Onassis Cultural Center (leader)
- Evangelos Markantonis Limited Partnership (partner)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Department of Philosophy and History of Science (partner)
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2015
- Social Cooperative Activities for minority Groups (leader)
- Synergy of Music Theatre (partner)
- G. Lykiardopoulos and Co – Highway Productions (leader)
- Culturepolis (leader)
- Europe Grand Central
ODC Ensemble (εταίρος)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2015
- Reworks Festival (partner)
- Byzantine and Christian Museum (partner)
- Multitrab Productions (partner)
- Technical University of Crete (partner)
- OMMA theatre (partner)
- Vyrsodepsio (partner)
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2014
- Motus Terrae (partner)
- Bios exploring urban culture (partner)
- Christos Savvidis – Artbox (partner)
- Quasi Stellar (partner)
- International Intervention on Sustainable Development and Quality of Life (partner)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2014