Creative Europe supports groups of organizations (platforms) in the cultural sectors to promote European artists, creators and emerging talents so as to collaborate across borders, to find new audiences and stimulate European programming of non-national works.
The funding supports platforms to undertake communication activities and to develop a European branding strategy, including creating a European quality label.
Platforms will help increase the number of European cultural performances in participating countries, as well as the impact on new audiences.
The participation of at least ten (11) cultural organisations which highlight and promote European artists through a platform, managed by a coordination body, is necessary (at least 12 organizations in total).
Financial contributions from the EU cannot exceed 80% of the total eligible costs of the project.
The action aims to support about 15 platforms covering different cultural and creative sectors. Also, the action aims to have a critical impact on emerging artists and their careers, and as such the projects will have to:
- establish a platform composed of a coordinating organization and member organizations (third parties);
- have a coordinated artistic editorial strategy to identify and showcase European emerging artists and their works outside their own borders;
- provide financial support (re-granting) to help member organizations to boost the diversity and visibility of their programming and increase the number of supported emerging artists;
- specify in the proposal the definition of “emerging artist”, in agreement with the member organisations, according to the project and the cultural sector in which the Platform operates;
- commit to spend at least 70% of the amount granted per year to concrete and direct support of emerging artists: artists fees, per diem, travel and subsistence, renting of space for exhibitions, showcases and rehearsals, insurance, mentoring, etc. (excluding administration costs);
- support at least 50 emerging artists per year (emerging artists taking part in any activity put in place by the Platform in the frame of the project and having received concrete and direct support);
- build a strategy to increase the number of members.
How to apply
Applications for all Creative Europe calls for platforms are processed through the European Commission’s Funding & Tender Opportunities Portal
Latest call: 22 June 2021
Deadline: 29 September 2021
More information can be found here