The Directorate-General of Education, Youth, Sport and Culture (DG EAC) of the European Commission is launching the new mobility scheme for artists and/or cultural professionals.
This Call for Proposals is the second initiative taken by the European Commission in organising mobility for artist, attempting to address these shortcomings and in line with the 2019 Annual Work Programme for the implementation of the Creative Europe Programme.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is estimated at 1.500.000,00 EUR. The maximum grant will be 750,000 EUR. The Commission expects to fund up to two proposals. The Commission reserves the right not to distribute all the funds available. Furthermore, at least €500,000 of the total amount of the grant awarded to each beneficiary shall be dedicated to fund mobilities via the provision of financial support to selected artists, cultural professionals or host organisations.
Natural persons, as well as entities without legal personality, are not eligible. In order to be eligible, applicants must provide evidence of:
– experience of minimum 5 years within the creative and cultural sectors;
– experience in organizing mobility activities for artists and/or cultural professionals at European and International level;
– experience in managing at least 2 high-level projects over the last 5 years, at European and/or international level;
– ability to communicate fluently in at least two EU languages including English (C1 level).
This Call aims at achieving 2 main general objectives:
– To test a viable and efficient mobility scheme for artists and cultural professionals that would act in complementarity of already existing mobility schemes available at local, regional and/or national levels.
– To formulate policy recommendations to the European Commission, the European Parliament and Member States towards the full implementation of such a scheme in the next generation of EU programmes.
For more information, please visit the European Commission’s website, HERE.