The Creative Europe Programme finances transnational cooperation projects, so as to help Europe’s cultural organisations cooperate across borders. Examples of transnational cooperation projects consist of cross-border exchange of works of art through lending, international tours and exhibitions, as well as co-productions, joint tours and performances of cultural organisations from different countries.
There are three (3) types of transnational cooperation projects:
Project budget (maximum grant amount):
- For small-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-1): maximum EU grant amount EUR 200 000 per project.
- For medium-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-2): maximum EU grant amount EUR 1 000 000 per project.
- For large-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-3): maximum EU grant amount EUR 2 000 000 per project.
The grant awarded may be lower than the amount requested.
The grant will be a lump sum grant. This means that it will reimburse a fixed amount, based on a lump sum or financing not linked to costs. The amount will be fixed by the granting authority on the basis of the estimated project budget and a funding rate of:
- For small-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-1): funding rate of maximum 80%.
- For medium-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-2): funding rate of maximum 70%.
- For large-scale projects (topic: CREA-CULT-2021-COOP-3): funding rate of maximum 60%.
Eligible applicants must: Be active in the cultural and creative sectors. Be legally based in one of the participating countries. Be established as a legal entity for at least two years (only for the coordinator). The coordinator is authorized by all partners. There should be a cooperation agreement for all the projects included in the proposal.
Eligible actions: They must be related to the cultural and creative sectors. Activities that are purely audiovisual are not eligible, because they are funded by the MEDIA sub-programme.
Eligible period: The maximum duration of transnational cooperation projects is 48 months for all three categories
- Call opening: 8 June 2021
- Deadline for submission: 7 September 2021 – 17:00:00 CET (Brussels)
- Evaluation: September 2021 – January 2022
- Information on evaluation results: February 2022
- GA signature: March/May 2022
Submission of proposals: 7 September 2021.
For the small-scale projects, see the call documents HERE.
For the medium-scale projects, see the call documents HERE.
For the large-scale projects, see the call documents HERE.
Greek participations in transnational cooperation projects:
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2019
13.The KASPAR Machine. Awareness raising and participation in the performing arts for social inclusion
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2019
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2018
- THE ART4PSY PROJECT: Promoting social inclusion through art
Panelladiki Enosi Gia Tin Psychokoinoniki Apokatastasi Kai Tin Epaggelmatiki Epanentaxi (coordinator), THEOFANIS ALEXANDRIDIS KAI SIA EE (partner)
- Theofanis Alexandridis Kai Sia EE
- University of Peloponnese (project 1, project 2)
- Technopolis Gkazi Anonimi Etaireia Ota Prostasias kai Anadeixis Viomichanikou Archaiologikou Parkou Athinon
- Synergeio Mousikou Theatrou Astiki Mi Kerdoskopiki Etaireia
- Kinonikes Sineteristikes Drastiriotites Efpathon Omadon
- Theatro Atomon Me Anapiria
- Municipality of Levadia
- Etairia Politismou kai Erikoinonias Athinon Kallitechniki Astiki mi Kerdoskepiki Etairia Art On
- National Theatre of Northern Greece
- Hellenic Centre for Research and Conservation of Archaeological Textiles
- Diktio Gia Ta Dikaiomata Tou Paidiou
- Action Synergy SA
- Theatro Aeroploio – Ena Theatro Gia Paidia
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2018
- Artika Astiki Etaireia Politistiki Mi Kerdoskopiki
- Ariona Hellas AE (project 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Mousikes Ekdilosis Syntonismos Organosi
- Anthopoulos – A Diolatzis GP
- Mottus Terrae
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2017
- Aeroplio – Topos Allou Theatre (leader in project 1, partner in project 2)
- Action Aid Hellas (partner)
- Action Synergy (partner)
- Euromare (partner)
- ImpactHubLabs (partner)
- Theofanis Alexandridis (partner)
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki / School of Music Studies (partner)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2017
- Ionian University / Department of audio and visual arts (partner)
- Symbiosis (partner)
- Mottus Terae (partner)
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2016
- Kentro Spoudon Laikou Theatrou (Centre of Higher Education in Theatre Studies (leader)
- Symvouloi Anaptyxiakou Sxediasmou Ereunas kai Organosis EPE (partner)
- Theodoros Papagiannis Museum of Contemporary Art (partner)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Faculty of Communication and Media Studies (partner)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Faculty of Primary Education (partner)
- Theatro tsi Zakynthos (partner)
- State Museum of Contemporary Art (partner)
- M.E.S.O. Music Events (partner)
- Municipal and Regional Theatre of Patras – Social Welfare Enterprise (partner)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2016
- Ariona Hellas (Onassis Cultural Center (leader)
- Evangelos Markantonis Limited Partnership (partner)
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Department of Philosophy and History of Science (partner)
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2015
- Social Cooperative Activities for minority Groups (leader)
- Synergy of Music Theatre (partner)
- G. Lykiardopoulos and Co – Highway Productions (leader)
- Culturepolis (leader)
- Europe Grand Central
ODC Ensemble (εταίρος)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2015
- Reworks Festival (partner)
- Byzantine and Christian Museum (partner)
- Multitrab Productions (partner)
- Technical University of Crete (partner)
- OMMA theatre (partner)
- Vyrsodepsio (partner)
Smaller Scale Cooperation Projects 2014
- Motus Terrae (partner)
- Bios exploring urban culture (partner)
- Christos Savvidis – Artbox (partner)
- Quasi Stellar (partner)
- International Intervention on Sustainable Development and Quality of Life (partner)
Larger Scale Cooperation Projects 2014